Friday, September 13, 2013

Be a Story That is Pleasing to Remember:

Sultan Walad told the following to Salahuddin Malati who told us: At the end of his life, my grandfather (Bahauddin Walad), the Great Master (may Allāh preserve his innermost secret), gave my father the following advice, "O Jalauddin Muhammad, I am returning to God I will be brought near the Lights of His Essence. We are born of His Essence and to Essence we return. O My fiends! Pray for our journey. "Those who return to the World Beyond, those who are directed to the Great Assembly, convey news to their predecessors about the morals and behaviour of their successors and what has happened to them. O Great God! Make a great effort, so that I can be happy and glorious in His Presence and that I might not be embarrassed and bow my head with shame. Put this advice in your ear like a golden earring: Men are just stories, so be a tale that is pleasing to remember." My father did as he was told, even one hundred thousand times better, he eventually reached such perfection that he said: O my heart! Due to your dissolution and intoxication, you don't speak the words of a father, nor do you have the desire of a son. -Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi (r.a).

No comments:

Post a Comment