Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Visit of Imam Syed Salih Jafri(rahimahumullah)

}It )the Qur'an( is clear verses, in the chests of those who have been given knowledge{ )Qur'an 29:49( ***** Before I came to al-Azhar, someone from town brought a volume of al-Nawawi's commentary on Sahih Muslim, so I borrowed it from him and began to study it. I saw )i.e. in a dream vision( my master Abd al-Aali al-Idrisi sitting on a chair, and with him his travel belongings, and I heard someone saying, "The sayyid wants to travel to Egypt, to al-Azhar." I went and greeted him and kissed his hand, and he said to me sharply: "Knowledge is taken from the chests of men, not from books!" And he repeated it. I woke up from my sleep and was inspired by my Lord to travel to al-Azhar. When I first reached it I found the hadith scholar Shaykh Muhammad Ibrahim al-Samaluti teaching al-Nawawi's commentary on Sahih Muslim! - Shaykh Salih al-Ja'fari )may Allah be pleased with him(, Imam of the Azhar ]from Reassurance for the Seeker[

No comments:

Post a Comment